2015年3月24日星期二

Is it hard to find a dustbin in your countries?

Is it hard to find a dustbin in your countries?
  I have been in Sydney for almost half a year, and in my point of view, Sydney is a place where the life is very easygoing and the pace of life is very slow. Inevitably, Sydney is a modern city with so many high technology facilities. However, I just notice one interesting thing in many areas in Sydney which is the garbage on the street. I found that  dustbins on some streets are hard to find and this may make me feel inconvenient to throw my garbage.
  



  The pictures above present the dustbins in the Sydney. From the picture, we can see that all the garbage bins are placed in a mess, and some of them even are the obstacles on roads. So I think the public waste system in Sydney is not good, especially in the suburbs of the Sydney.




























  I am living on the Bunnerong Road now, and it takes me around 30 minutes to get to the UNSW Kensington Campus by bus. According to my observation, I can tell that it is very hard to find a dustbin on the Bunnerong Road. From the screen shot from the Google Earth, it is obvious that there are not much garbage bins on this road, and these bins are often placed near the bus stop or retails.
  However, in the city, the situation is different. The reason that I speculate is about the economy and the density of population.
  While, comparing to my hometown, Wuhan, I think Wuhan does better than Sydney. Although China is a developing country, the environmental awareness is very strong. Especially around my home, the distance between two dustbins is often less than 50 metres, and are also assorted into recycled and normal rubbish.
  Maybe most of people have no feelings on this topic. But, this is the topic related to residents' lives closely, impacting the quality of life. I hope that the NSW government could consider more about this problem, and thus, life in Sydney could be better.


Pictures from the following websites:


没有评论:

发表评论